About Occidental Grand-Barcelo
The Barcela Aruba hotel (belonging to the Barcela Hotel Group and formerly known as the Occidental Grand Aruba) gives guests a unique experience on the Palm Beach seafront, on the Caribbean island of Aruba. Thanks to its special location on the fabulous beach, this hotel stands out for its sports and leisure facilities.
From the hotel's373 rooms, all with a balcony, guests can admire some truly idyllic sunrises and sunsets.
This resort offers ultimate relaxation, whether this means taking a refreshing dip in the spectacular swimming pool or soaking up the sun surrounded by the stunning gardens. It also offers exciting sports activities, with tennis courts, instructor-led activities, beach volleyball and every kind of water sport imaginable, including diving and snorkelling.
The hotel's delicious and varied dining options will satisfy even the most discerning palates, with international dishes, buffet or la-carte dining and snacks served in its 6 restaurants and 3 bars. Another highlight is the fun and entertainment to be enjoyed at night, from the fabulous casino to DJ sessions.
The Barcela Aruba is a stunning all inclusive resort that is also home to a boutique hotel, the Royal Level Barcela Aruba, offering all the luxury and sophistication you could wish for, with unique and exclusive services. Paradise at any time of the year.
- This room features one king size or two double beds, terrace or balcony, marble floors, minibar, hairdryer, satellite TV, alarm clock and radio, phone with data port, high speed Internet or Wi-Fi access ($), in-room safe and bathroom with shower and tub.
- Premium Lanai rooms are located at the pool in the south tower of the hotel. This room features one king size or two double beds, terrace, marble floors, minibar, hairdryer, satellite TV, alarm clock and radio, phone with data port, high speed Internet or Wi-Fi access ($), in-room safe and bathroom with shower and tub.
- The Deluxe Ocean View rooms feature one king size or two double beds, terrace or balcony, marble floors, minibar, hairdryer, satellite TV, alarm and radio, phone with data port, high- speed Internet or Wi-Fi access ($), in-room safe and bathroom with shower and tub.
Food & Drink
Delight your senses at the highest level at any of our 5 restaurants and bars.
The PalmInternational buffet-style restaurant with an endless selection designed by our Kitchen Director. Air-conditioned interior seating, or terrace seating with a pool view. No reservations required.
Italian a la carte restaurant with a wide selection of wines
Authentic Mexican cuisine a la carte served in traditional style in this picturesque restaurant. Indoor or terrace seating. And many more. The Zen, the Desire, Beach Club restaurant Club de Playa, Beach Bar, Splash Bar, Lobby Bar, Desire Lounge and the Sound Lounge.
- 5 restaurants, 4 bars and 1 disco/bar
- Swimming pool with 2 jacuzzis
- Shows and nightly entertainment
- Kids Club with a program of supervised activities (ages 4-12)
- Situated directly along a 600 foot stretch of soft, sandy shoreline on Aruba’s Eagle Beach
- Within walking distance of Alhambra Casino and Shopping Bazaar
- Program of sports and leisure activities: 2 floodlit tennis courts, beach volleyball, water polo, aqua aerobics, diving demonstration lessons, snorkeling equipment available, among others
How it Works
Pick your dates - request
- Typically, we book rentals in 7 night increments.
- To book multi-week stays, you can request back-to-back reservations. The resort may require a room change.
- Most rentals have a Friday, Saturday or Sunday check-in.
- Please wait to book airfare until after we confirm your reservation.
- Your credit card will not be charged until your reservation is confirmed.
- If we can't match your request to a rental in our database, we'll do our best to help you find another option to make your vacation happen!
Confirmation - Process
We will typically email you within 48 hours with a response to your reservation request.
- Your initial payment will be charged to your credit card as soon as the Reservation Owner confirms your request.
- Contact us anytime to receive a status update on your reservation request.
Reservations booked more than 90 days in advance require a 50% deposit at the time of the reservation confirmation. The remaining 50% balance is due 90 days prior to check-in. Reservations booked 90 days or less from the check-in date will require full payment at the time of the reservation confirmation.
Modifying rental dates
Normally, Reservation Owners need to book their timeshare week 12-13 months in advance. For this reason, owners are unable to adjust their rental dates.
We just wanted to let you know what a really wonderful time we had in Aruba at La Cabana. It was beautiful and clean and had everything. After being there we can’t believe how lucky we were to have booked with you and not be in the high rise area. We had beach chairs anytime we went out and everyone was so very friendly. The whole experience was wonderful. Do you handle many other islands and resorts? We would be interested in hearing about them. Thank you for helping us to have an unforgettable 43rd Wedding Anniversary! “Joe was the biggest help in making our stay so wonderful!”Sid and Vi Hedrick
This email is a bit overdue but it’s been a hectic week since returning from Aruba last Sunday. I just wanted to shoot you a huge thank you for such a smooth transaction. La Cabanna was phenomenal and it could not have been more seamless. I truly appreciate your prompt service and responses at all times. We are already trying to line up some dates for another trip back to Aruba this year. Goes without saying we’ll definitely be booking through you!Kevin Kaminski
Thank you Joe, for assisting us in our Christmas 2015 family vacation. We really enjoyed the island of Aruba: The staff at the La Cabana were very friendly and eager to assist what ever was asked of them. The beach was fabulous, no charge for the Tiki Huts and loungers which was really great. They are included in the La Cabana Condo package. You do however, have to go down early to get one as they are reserved very early in the am. This was not a problem for me, as we are early risers even on vacation. The staff are very accommodating to place your loungers under the hut. I was happy each day to tip them, as they were most accommodating. I definitely recommend you: Joe Strebly, for anyone wishing to book in Aruba. Your emails and communication with us were excellent!The John Bright Family of Michigan & Florida
Thanks for a wonderful vacation. Your recommendation of the Occidental 3-BR Penthouse was spectacular!!! The room was large and better than we could have hoped. We really enjoyed ourselves and would like to book this room again in the future. Thanks for steering us in the right direction and making this such a smooth process.
I will contact you again when we are able to go on our next vacation. I also gave a couple of our friends your contact info.